Monday, December 17, 2007

Essence Of Christmas

Do we really have to have a party just to feel the essence of Christmas? Do we really have to give extravagant gifts to someone just to feel the Birth of Jesus? Do we really have to?

I have been thinking about it over and over at the time. Because I have attended too many meetings discussing about Christmas parties and stuffs like what gifts to give and everything. And it didn't pass my taste. For me, at least.

So thats it. I believe that we don't have really to fuss much about how to prepare those parties, especially those gifts. I believe we do not have to think of how much we will get but of how much we will give. No no...Also not true either. I mean, we should not count what we gove but we should not count what we shall receive either. Uhmn..did you get me? I just mean that we don't have to give something rich for the rich and poor gifts for the poor, that is disgusting. Why not vice versa for everything, huh?

And thinking about parties isn't so good, either. Because the time 0ur Baby Jesus was born, did he got a grandious party?Nope. So I think it will not really do.

We party too much, especially on this month, where there are parties called "Christmas Party" but do we really dedicated it to someone worth to dedicate, which is Jesus? No. We only think of the food and the gifts and the grandiousness of it, the sounds and everything. But we barely take a glimpse of the real celebrant. How odius we are!!

Although I didn't say all but I am generalizing it. It is bad. If you are not one of these people, then it is so good to hear but if you are, please change. I am not a saint myself but I am trying to change it and my attitude towards it is improving now that I do not really care whether someone will give me a very poorly gift in exchange for my expensive ones. I don't really care that much anymore, because I am trying to understand, and I am remembering the baby child born in a barn with nothing on himself but himself...

No comments: